Banchbo is the Bengali expression for survival. Banchbo was started in the year 1995 by some likeminded youth from different backgrounds came together blending youth with progressive thought & approach to extend their hand for marginalized people. Though a long way to go, over the years Banchbo has established itself as a highly respected organization through deliberated selfless efforts to provide basic services like Child Education, Health, Nutrition, Elderly care, Women Empowerment & over all development to the most deprived section of the society.
Banchbo is registered under Societies Registration Act; W.B VIDE Registration No- S/87769 in the year 1997.Organization is managed by Governing Body consisting of well placed members of society under active guidance & advocacy of enriched Advisory Board.
- VIKASHITA PROJECT: Supplementary Educational School at Indranarayanpur Village, Patharpratima, Sundarban for more than 60 children up to Standard IV.
- BARIE DAO TOMAR HAAT: Scholarship programme for meritorious students (achieved > 80% marks in Board Exam) of Sumdarban, supported by LSU.
- BANCHBO healing touch: Kolkata’s First 24 X 7 Elderly Home based Healthcare Support since 2007.
- HEALTH FOR ALL: Health Awareness & Nutritional Support Programme coupled with regular Health check up camps both General & Special in remote areas.
- BANCHBO SCHOOL OF HUMAN SKILL DEVELOPMENT: Skill training programme on Nursing & Paramedical course for vulnerable youth.
- BARISHTA SURAKHA: Initiative to help vulnerable Elderly people on different aspects especially in Health sector.
- BANCHBO SHARAD SAMMAN: Unique & most popularized Durga Pujo rating by marginalized children & by senior citizen since 2002.
- PRABASER CHOKHE DESHER SERA POJO: Rating of pujo by NRI’s of UK with joint collaboration of London Sharad Utsav since 2014.
- LadyMade: Women empowerment programme for vulnerable section.
- BANCHBO HOME TOUCH: Earn while Learn initiative for youth with Sulekha.
- From reputed Bengali industrial group Sulekha under their CSR initiative.
- From Harrow Council (London) for exemplary work for the Kids of Sundarban in 2016.
- Recognition from leading channel Star Jalsha.
- Awarded Vivek Samman for the year 2016
- Banchbo healing touch - Selected among 32 Best Innovative project in India by Civil Society, Delhi in 2009
- Recognition from London Sharad Utsav
- Recognition of Chief Functionary by leading media Ei Samay & Ebela.
- Appreciated by Ananda Bazar, The Telegraph, Times of India, Voice of Asia, Ei Samay,, Hindusthan Times, Indian Express, Sangbad Pratidin, 24 Ghanta, Kolkata TV & many more other medias for social contribution in different field.
- Appreciation from US Consulate, Kolkata, Ex Mayor of Harrow, London.
- Prestigious Joint initiative with UNICEF in children activities.